Tonight Andrea took all the kids to Scouts so that I could get some work done. When they returned we went to go case homes that would be good candidates for the 12 Days of Christmas. On the way there I was told that Porter had some Christmas gifts for me.
"What do you have for me Porter?" I asked.
Porter reached into his pocket and pulled out some mini-marshmallows.
"Here Dada, do you want a marshmallow?"
After eating a marshmallow and thanking him Porter offered me more but I asked if I could share them with Andrew and Taylor (I am not a big fan of marshmallows).
Porter than reached into his other pocket and pulled out a tag from a bag of craft supplies.
"Here is a Christmas card for you Dada!"
"Thank you Porter," I replied, "This means a lot to me."
Porter than began to tell Andrea and I how hard he was trying to be good, and that he loved us so much for doing really nice things for him. It was hard to hold back the tears.
I love this age!

No comments:
Post a Comment