So much can happen in a month. School will be starting all too soon for me and the closer it gets the less ready I believe myself to be. I did not think it would be such a big deal, imagine how I will feel the eve before my first test. I have started working, finally! It is an interesting job, I am making sales presentations for a group of investors who are starting some MLM's. They are paying me to do it (I hope), and I can pretty much make my own schedule, which means that this job should be perfect for school. They will pay commission as well so if I do well perhaps I can make enough that Andrea will be able to quit her job very soon.
The job is taking a greater toll on Andrea with every passing day and she is absolutely exhausted. But, we have been truly blessed. She is making a great deal of tips at her new restaurant and the work is less demanding then it was at the last one. They have even started to give her better shifts and letting her off earlier. The entire company is enchanted with her, she is doing a great job and they are already telling her how much they will miss her. The clientele at the new restaurant consist of a lot of regulars, in many ways it is like the TV show, "Cheers". In addition to that, the community here is so small that we are constantly running into people we know or have met already, and we have only been here a few months.
Andrew has started Kindergarten at what we hope is a very good school. Andrea and I were worried about his ability to handle it, we had all these preconceptions and ideas that he was just not ready. Turns out it was Andrea and I, not him, who were unprepared for the experience. It was really hard to let our first born go. The only surprise was how excited he was to go, the first night he hardly slept and kept coming into the bedroom to ask me if it was time to go yet. He was worried we would sleep in. I think in many ways living in student housing helped prepare him. In the court he enjoyed such a social atmosphere, constantly surrounded by friends, then when we moved here he felt very alone and frustrated. The only child was the next door neighbor girl. While he has enjoyed playing with her he really missed his boy pals back home and expressed it often. I believe that is why he was excited about school, and he told me a couple of times that he looked forward to meeting new people. School is a lot like the experience he knew in the court, he is surrounded by a lot of friends and children again.
Taylor is having a really hard time with her big brother being gone a large part of the day. She insists on accompanying us when we drop him off at school, and cries each time he leaves. Andrew's class forms a line before entering the class, and each time Andrew, as the line moves off into the classroom, opts to step out of the line and console his sister. He gives her hugs, kisses and reassures her that everything will be alright. We usually have to pull him away and tell him to chase the line which had just finished entering the classroom. Taylor, however, after the initial shock enjoys spending some one-on-one time with her mother and father. Andrea has gotten her really excited about staying home and helping with her soon to be born new brother. She is ready to do her part to be a big sister.
All in all, life is good! We are poor struggling students, with too many kids, not enough time and exhausted at the end of everyday. Yes, we are lucky people, and our days are filled with love. We miss you all and hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks for tuning in.
3 comments:
Sounds like there is a lot going on in your home. J starts school in a week and a half, scary to think we have kids in Kindergarden!
TR
Andrew looks ready and happy! It's hard to let them go isn't it?
We had a lot of fun I Chatting with you guys!! Let's do it again soon. I hope you get to quit work soon Andrea!
Post a Comment