Thursday, January 31, 2008

There & Back Again..... Now Where?

Welcome to limbo. There are very few things as frustrating and as exhilarating as being on the brink of a new frontier in your life and not knowing which direction it is going to head. I, Luke, have finished my undergraduate degree (as long as I pass my audit) and am in the process of applying to graduate schools. Our first choice at this time is the Monterey Institute in Monterey, California. Why does it make me nervous to enroll myself in a place with Institute in the title? Other possible locations are Arizona, Utah and Ohio. International business is my goal and hopefully in about a year from this fall I will be embarking on a long and exciting career.

Andrea is still working at Delta. It is not her favorite job but it comes with some great benefits that we have been trying to take advantage of. We took a short trip to Hawaii and then visited Canada to see my grandfather whose health is fading. It is funny to watch the faces of the other passengers on the plane when we board with children. They are terrified, frustrated and roll their eyes at us. However, our children so far have proven to be great travelers and the passengers usually end up congratulating us for having such well behaved children. We are lucky to have such wonderful children.

Andrew really loves preschool and returns home excited everyday. He is developing such a sense of humor, surprising since I don't think I have had one for the last three years. Some really exciting news is that I think Andrew is finally starting to put on some weight on his skinny little body. At this rate he might be ready for a booster seat by the time he is 13.

Taylor is lost without her big brother. It is still hard for her when he goes to school as she doesn't quite know what to do. Then we weaned her off the binky and are going to soon attempt to potty train her. In other words, she is going to have a lot of growing up to do very soon, but she is tough and I think she can handle it.

We are excited for the future and hope that it turns out remotely similar to how we have pictured it.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

It is offical, my degree came in the mail last week. I am officially a graduate and we are awaiting replies from the graduate programs.